Basic Vintage Effect
In this tutorial I will show you how to achieve a basic vintage effect on your image.
1. Open your image. I recommend editing it prior to this tutorial.
2. Go to Layer - New Fill Layer - Solid Color.
3. Next to "Mode", click on the drop down menu and select "Exclusion".
4. The Color Picker will pop up. Choose a dark shade of blue. The lighter the blue, the more yellow and blue the picture will be.
5. Here's my final product...
Here are colors I use (hex codes) along with previews of them set to exclusion.